TOKYO, Japan, October 23, 2013 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. announced its lineup of production and concept-model automobiles, motorcycles, power products, and other highlights for its exhibit at the 43rd Tokyo Motor Show 2013, which will take place at Tokyo Big Sight. (Press days: November 20 - 21, 2013, Public days: November 23 - December 1, 2013).
At this motor show, with the booth concept of "Live Outside the Box," Honda will propose its original mobility products generated from Honda's innovative inspirations unbound by precedent or conventional wisdom. Models on display include the Honda S660 CONCEPT, an open-top sports-type mini-vehicle, the NSX CONCEPT, the next-generation super sports model and the all-new UNI-CUB, a personal mobility device developed under the theme of "harmony with people."
Moreover, at the automobile section, Honda will exhibit the world premiere of the N-WGN, the 4thmodel of the N Series of mini-vehicles, as well as the world premiere of the planned production model of the second model of the Global Compact Series which is based on the URBAN SUV CONCEPT, unveiled at the 2013 North American International Auto Show in January of this year. This model will be officially announced in Japan in December of this year. In addition, a number of mass-production models also will be on display including the highly acclaimed all-new Accord Plug-in Hybrid and Fit equipped with Earth Dreams Technology, Honda's new-generation powertrain technologies which realize both the fun of driving and excellent fuel economy at a high level.
Also on display at the motorcycle section will be a number of models including several planned production models such as the Dunk, a new style 50 cc scooter equipped with a newly-developed liquid-cooled engine and the CB1300 SUPER BOL D'OR whose attractiveness was further enhanced through the adoption of LED headlights and a 6-speed transmission.
Covering the largest floor area of any single brand at the show, the Honda booth will showcase a diverse lineup of products unique to Honda.
Striving to realize the joy and freedom of mobility and a sustainable society where people can enjoy life, Honda will continue taking on new challenges to create new mobility and continue offering dream-inspiring products for its customers.
<Key models on display>
- Honda S660 CONCEPT: The next-generation open-top sports-type mini-vehicle that features a dynamic and advanced styling design as well as various new initiatives such as a Super cockpit interior that thoroughly pursues the ultimate space for the driver.
- NSX CONCEPT: A super sports model which features the next-generation direct-injected V6 engine mounted on a lightweight vehicle body in a mid-ship layout as well as a highly-efficient and high-output SPORT HYBRID SH-AWD® (Super Handling - All Wheel Drive™) hybrid system, which realizes both outstanding driving performance and fuel economy. Moreover, the NSX CONCEPT realizes low and wide with the dynamic and alluring proportions as well as an interior design developed under the concept of a "Human Support Cockpit," offering excellent visibility and an exotic driving position.
- All-new UNI-CUB: Designed for harmony with people, this new personal mobility device realizes the same freedom of movement in all directions that a person enjoys while walking and a compact size which enables it to adapt to the surrounding environment where people are moving around. Striving to make it usable for a wider range of people for future commercialization, the all-new UNI-CUB was made smaller and lighter with greater ease in getting on/off and improvements to the rider's sense of security.
Honda S660 CONCEPT
CB1300 SUPER BOL D'OR
<Overview of exhibits>
(●Exhibition model, ◯Production model, ★World premiere, ☆Japan premiere)
●Honda S660 CONCEPT〈★〉
Planned production models:
●N-WGN〈★〉 * Announcement of the production model is scheduled on press day.
●The planned production model based on the URBAN SUV CONCEPT〈★〉
* Exhibited prior to the product announcement scheduled in December of this year.
◯N BOX * Refreshed model will be exhibited prior to the start of sales scheduled in December this year.
◯N BOX +
◯Accord Plug-in Hybrid
◯All-new Odyssey * Product announcement scheduled at the end of October of this year.
◯Step WGN Spada
●RA271(Honda's first F1 machine raced in the Formula One World Championship in 1964)
●MC-β〈★〉 (A micro-sized short distance EV commuter proposed by Honda which will be used in field tests jointly with local governments. The model will be exhibited at the SMART MOBILITY CITY 2013.)
●Sports 360 (The first automobile Honda announced to the public in 1962. Based on this small sports model, S500' Honda's first sports car, S600 and S800 were mass-produced. It can be said that this model is the starting point of Honda's automobile business. New replica model will be on display.)
Planned production models:
●CB1300 SUPER BOL D'OR〈☆〉
●CB400 SUPER BOL D'OR〈☆〉
●CB400 SUPER FOUR〈☆〉
Custom concept models:
●Dunk Custom Concept〈★〉
●Cross Cub Custom Concept〈☆〉
●RC142 (Honda's first machine raced in the Isle of Man TT Race in 1959, 125 cc, replica model)
●RC213V (Raced in 2013 Road Racing World Championship MotoGP Class)
●CRF450 RALLY (Will be raced in 2014 Dakar Rally- Argentina, Bolivia, Chile)
●CBR250R Sports base model (Dedicated racing model)
●Super Cub C100(The first model of The Super Cub 50 produced in 1959)
* References: For Motorcycles, three world premiere models and 16 Japan premiere models are scheduled to exhibit.
●Salad CG FFV300 mini tiller
●HSL2511 large-sized snow thrower
●BF250 marine outboard engine
●F90 tiller (Honda's first full-fledged heavyweight tiller equipped with air-cooled diesel engine. This model was introduced to the market in 1966.)
●Miimo robotic lawn mower * Developed exclusively for European market