TOKYO, Japan, August 1, 2011 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. announced its consolidated financial results for the fiscal first quarter ended June 30, 2011 as well as revisions to its forecasts for the consolidated financial results for the current fiscal year ending March 31, 2012.
Consolidated Financial Summary:
Despite the significant impact of declined automobile sales due to the short supply of parts after the Great East Japan Earthquake, consolidated operating income and net income*1 for the fiscal first quarter (April 1, 2011 through June 30, 2011) amounted to 22.5 billion yen and 31.7 billion yen, respectively, mostly by the contribution of expanding motorcycle business as well as strong financial services business primarily for automobile purchase.
Due to the recovery of production with the improved parts supply situation, Honda made an upward revision to the forecast for automobile unit sales for the current fiscal year ending March 31, 2012 to 3.435 million units, up 0.135 million units from the previous forecast announced on June 14, 2011. Based on this revision, Honda made upward revisions to the following forecasts:
- Net sales and other operating revenue: 8,700 billion yen (400 billion yen increase from the previous forecast)
- Operating income: 270 billion yen (70 billion yen increase from the previous forecast)
- Income before income taxes: 285 billion yen (70 billion yen increase from the previous forecast)
- Net income*1: 230 billion yen (35 billion yen increase from the previous forecast)
Honda's revised forecasts for the consolidated financial results for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2012 are based on the assumption of the average currency exchange rates of JPY 80 = USD 1 and JPY 110 = Euro 1 for fiscal second, third and fourth quarter and JPY 80 = USD 1 and JPY 112 = Euro 1 for the fiscal year.
The quarterly dividends for the fiscal first quarter with the record date of June 30, 2011 will be JPY 15 per share, a 3 yen increase compared to the quarterly dividends for the same period a year ago.
Jun. 30, 2010
|1st quarter ended
Jun. 30, 2011
|Net sales and other operating revenue||2,361.4||1,714.5||-646.8|
|Income before income taxes||256.1||29.2||-226.8|
|Equity in income of affiliates||35.6||28.6||-7.0|
|Quarterly dividends per share (yen)||12||15||+3|
||Yen up by 10 yen|
forecasts announced on Jun.14, 2011
forecasts revised on Aug.1, 2011
|Difference from forecasts announced on Jun.14, 2011|
|Net sales and other operating revenue||8,936.8||8,300.0||8,700.0||-236.8||+400.0|
|Income before income taxes||630.5||215.0||285.0||-345.5||+70.0|
|Equity in income of affiliates||139.7||100.0||100.0||-39.7||-|
|Quarterly dividends per share (yen)||54||60||60||+6||-|
|USD =||86||80||80||Yen up
by 6 yen
|EUR =||114||110||112||Yen up
by 2 yen
by 2 yen
- *1Net income attributable to Honda Motor Co., Ltd. based on U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
- *2Unit sales of approximately 0.63 million units for the current fiscal 1st quarter and approximately 3.06 million units for the current fiscal year ending March 31, 2012 of Honda-brand motorcycle products that are manufactured and sold by overseas affiliates accounted for under the equity method but do not use any parts supplied from Honda and its consolidated subsidiaries, are not included in the total sales of the motorcycle segment or in the measure of unit sales, in conformity with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
- *3Certain sales of automobiles that are financed with residual value type auto loans by Honda's Japanese finance subsidiaries are accounted for as operating leases in conformity with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles. As a result, they are not included in the total sales of the automobile segment or in the measure of unit sales.
For additional information, please visit;
where you can download financial results information.