February 4, 2008—Honda Motor Co., Ltd. announced today that it will import two newly released walk-behind lawnmowers—the HRG415C3 (410mm mowing width) and the HRG465C3 (460mm mowing width)—manufactured by Honda Europe Power Equipment S.A. (Takayoshi Fukai, President), located in Orléans, France. The two new models go on sale Monday, February 4th at authorized Honda power products dealerships throughout Japan.
The new HRG415C3 and HRG465C3 both feature an auto-choke mechanism that automatically provides the optimum choke setting during startup. This eliminates the need to manually adjust the choke for a richer intake mix during initial startup, a task that until now was standard procedure on conventional power product engines. This contributes to greater ease of use, allowing the operator to begin mowing right away after a simple startup
Since its release on the European market in 2001, the HRG walk-behind lawnmower series has earned a reputation for its easy operability and high environmental performance, with total sales of around 530,000 units* for the European region. The import of the two new models to Japan will coincide with the model change taking place in Europe. The HRG415C3 and HRG465C3 will also be available at designated home center s in Japan starting in mid May.
- *Sales covering the period from November 2001 to the end of December 2007 (Honda calculations)
HRG415C3 walk-behind lawnmower
- Annual sales targets (Japan):
- Manufacturer’s suggested retail price :
★ indicates model shown in photo
¥ 98,490 (¥93,800 before tax)★
¥102,690 (¥97,800 before tax)
- Key Features of the HRG415C3 and HRG465C3
- Ease of operation
- Employs a wax-type auto-choke mechanism that eliminates the need to manually adjust the choke before starting the engine and after it has warmed up, facilitating easier operation. Also, because the mechanism automatically maintains the choke at the optimum setting, the operator is able to begin mowing immediately after startup.
- Employs an easy-to-grip, easy-to-operate mowing height adjustment knob. Six mowing height adjustments are available, starting at 20mm.
- Wide rear tires and wheels with double ball-bearing construction offer comfortable control and solid reliability.
- Mechanical decompression delivers light, smooth starting.
- Setup is easy—just raise the handle and attach the grass bag.
- A flywheel brake stops the engine when the operator releases the cutting-blade lever.
- Outstanding economy and environmental performance
- Fuel economy at the top of its class.
- Equipped with the Honda GCV135 air-cooled, 4-stroke, vertical general-purpose engine, which surpasses both U.S. EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) Phase 2 regulations and the Japan Land Engine Manufacturers Association’s voluntary emissions regulations.
- A low-noise blade and other sound-suppressing features put these mowers at the top of their class for low-noise operation (96dBA).
- The new colors were selected to evoke the image of a rose garden or similar scenes from an elegant, European gardening lifestyle. (Cutter deck: Rose Silver Metallic; mowing height adjustment knob: Rosie Gray)
|Length x Width x Height(mm)||1,440×453×980||1,470×497×980|
|Engine||GCV135E: air-cooled, 4-stroke, single-cylinder OHC,
|Max. Output*/Engine Speed [kW(PS)/rpm]||2.6 (3.5)/3,600|
|Fuel||Automotive-grade unleaded gasoline|
|Fuel Tank Capacity(L)||0.77|
|Ignition System||Transistorized magneto|
|Mowing Height Range(mm)||Approx.20~74(6 stages)|
|Grass Bag Capacity(L)||50||55|
|Blade Brake System||Flywheel Brake|
- *Engine output indicates the net output value measured on a representative engine operating at 3,600rpm (maximum engine output), based on SAEJ1349 standards. The output of production engines may vary. The actual output of an engine in the fully assembled product will vary according to engine speed, the environment in which it is used, level of maintenance, and other factors.