TOKYO, Japan, January 6, 2016 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. will introduce its energy management technologies at the CES 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, from January 6 through 9, 2016. The Honda exhibit will be located within a booth organized by the CEATEC JAPAN Executive Board*1 and will include various Honda energy management technologies such as the Honda Power Exporter 9000, an external power output device that won the Grand Prix of CEATEC Award*2 for the Green Innovation Category as well as CEATEC Innovation Awards, As Selected by U.S. Journalists*3, for the Transportation Category at the CEATEC 2015.
Honda has been striving to reduce CO2 emissions by making progress in the development of energy management technologies that utilize renewable energy including hydrogen. Through this exhibit, Honda will showcase various products equipped with technologies to “generate” and “use” hydrogen as a main energy and “get connected” for energy. The exhibit will include:
- the Smart Hydrogen Station (SHS) equipped with the Power Creator, Honda’s original high-differential-pressure electrolyzer, that “generates” hydrogen from renewable energy;
- the all-new CLARITY FUEL CELL, a fuel cell vehicle that “uses” energy;
- the Power Exporter 9000, the external power output, and Honda Power Manager, a V2H*4 compatible DC normal charger that supplies electricity from FCVs and EVs to homes, other facilities to let the community “get connected.”
Leveraging this opportunity to participate in CES 2016, Honda will propose its energy management technologies and initiatives with the hope that such proposals will be useful for the international community which strives to solve issues toward the prevention of global warming.
Beyond creating mobility products, Honda has been proactively making progress in developing technologies for the generation and effective utilization of energy used by mobility products. With this approach, Honda will continue its challenges toward the realization of the joy and freedom of mobility and a sustainable society where people can enjoy life.
Image of CEATEC booth
Power Exporter 9000
<Key products/technologies on display>*5
- All-new CLARITY FUEL CELL
- Power Exporter 9000, external power output device
- Honda Power Manager, a V2H compatible DC normal charger
- Smart Hydrogen Station (SHS)
- *1CEATEC JAPAN Executive Board consists of Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA), Communications and Information network Association of Japan (CIAJ) and Computer Software Association of Japan (CSAJ)
- *2CEATEC Award 2015 is an award to recognize outstanding innovations exhibited at the CEATEC JAPAN 2015, a comprehensive exhibition of cutting-edge IT and electronics, which was held in October 2015.
- *3CEATEC Innovation Awards, "As Selected by U.S. Journalists" are judged by an independent panel of U.S. journalists working in the IT and consumer electronics fields, who thoroughly review the technologies, products and services of exhibitors at CEATEC JAPAN, and select winners in recognition of their excellence in innovation and potential influence on the U.S. market.
- *4V2H stands for Vehicle-to-Home
- *5All models on display are mockup models (Specifications for Japan market)