TOKYO, Japan, September 30, 2015 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. today announced its lineup of production and concept-model automobiles and motorcycles as well as other highlights for its exhibit at the 44th Tokyo Motor Show 2015, which will take place at Tokyo Big Sight. (Press days: October 28-29, 2015, Public days: October 30 – November 8, 2015).
Using its global brand slogan – The Power of Dreams – as the booth concept, Honda will exhibit a broad range of items including innovative mobility products that are useful in people's daily lives as well as a lineup of mobility products topped by racing machines that pursue excellence in driving performance. With the exhibit including an all-new fuel cell vehicle – tentatively being called the FCV – and the all-new NSX, the new-generation supercar model, Honda will propose new mobility products filled with unique Honda characteristics represented by the original ideas and innovative technologies of Honda.
In addition to the two models mentioned above, Honda will exhibit the Japan premiere of the all-new Civic Type R as well as the planned production model of the Odyssey Hybrid equipped with the further advanced SPORT HYBRID-iMMD (Intelligent Multi-Mode Drive) system, which simultaneously realizes both excellent environmental performance and dynamic performance that takes driving to a new dimension.
Moreover, the exhibit will also include Honda Step WGN equipped with the Waku Waku Gate (“Waku Waku” is a Japanese expression for “exciting”), Honda's original design that functions as a wide tailgate that opens up or as a sub-door that opens to the side, the all-new S660 open-top sports-type mini-vehicle that was designed to be as exciting as a full-fledged sports car, and many other vehicles.
Furthermore, Honda will exhibit several concept models, including the Honda Project 2&4 powered by RC213V, designed to fuse together the values of two- and four-wheel mobility, which made its global debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September of this year, the WANDER STAND which was designed to pursue the joy and freedom of mobility under the concept of the “WANDER = wander around freely,” as well as the WANDER WALKER which was designed to freely maneuver among pedestrians.
Also on display at the motorcycle section will be the Light Weight Super Sports Concept, a concept model for a next-generation super sport model, which was designed with the key phrase “strong presence” and features a look possessing a sense of speed that comes from its long nose and low crouching position, the NEOWING, a concept model for a three-wheeled sport hybrid model, which will realize both the excellent cornering feel equivalent to that of a large-sized motorcycle and excellent stability in low-speed ranges, the RC213V-S, a MotoGP-class racing machine whose specifications were partially modified to run on public roads without compromising the ease of handling, as well as the CRF1000L Africa Twin, which features outstanding performance for both on-road and off-road use and is scheduled to be introduced to the market before the end of 2015.
Covering the largest floor area of any single brand at the show, the Honda booth will showcase the diverse lineup of products unique to Honda.
Driven by The Power of Dreams, Honda will continue creating new mobility and continue offering dream-inspiring products for its customers all around the world to realize the joy and freedom of mobility and a sustainable society where people can enjoy life.
＜Key models on display＞
- All-new FCV (tentative name): Honda original technologies made this vehicle the world's first*1 production model of a FCV sedan with the entire fuel-cell powertrain consolidated under the hood of a sedan-type vehicle. This powertrain layout enabled a full cabin package that seats five adults comfortably. Moreover, the all-new FCV features a cruising range of more than 700 km*2 and exhilarating driving made possible by the high-output motors. Furthermore, when combined with an external power feeding inverter, this FCV can function as a “mobile power plant” that generates and provides electricity to the community in the case of an emergency.
- All-new NSX: the all-new NSX is a supercar model that features the new-generation direct-injected twin turbo VTEC V6 engine mounted on a lightweight vehicle body in a mid-ship layout together with a highly-efficient and high-output SPORT HYBRID SH-AWD® (Super Handling-All Wheel Drive™) hybrid system, which realizes both outstanding driving performance and fuel economy. The low and wide exterior design realizes dynamic and elegant styling while the interior design, developed under the concept of a “Human Support Cockpit,” offers excellent visibility and an exotic driving position.
- All-new Civic Type R: Striving to realize driving performance the driver can enjoy in completely different dimensions, from a racing circuit to an ordinary road, the basic performance of an automobile – go, stop, turn – was honed to the ultimate level. In addition to the exterior design with enhanced aerodynamic performance, the all-new Civic Type R features the world's first application of Honda's new 2.0-liter VTEC TURBO engine. The combination of original Honda VTEC technology, direct-injection technology and a turbocharger realized peak power output of 310 PS*3 and peak torque of 400 Nm*3 – both higher than for any previous Honda Type R model. In combination with the 6-speed manual transmission, the Civic Type R development car set the world lap time record*4 for a mass-production front-wheel drive vehicles at the legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife (“North Loop”) in Germany, demonstrating the vehicle's outstanding driving performance.
- Light Weight Super Sports Concept: Designed with the key phrase “strong presence,” this next-generation super sport concept model and features a look possessing a sense of speed that comes from its long nose and low crouching position. The combination of a plane architecture, which indicates the sense of hardness and solidity, and sharp edges emphasize the aggressive look of this model. Moreover, the exterior featuring matte-black-based low-contrast graphics expresses beauty and the remarkable form.
- NEOWING: NEOWING is an unprecedented three-wheeled vehicle that offers the cornering feel and sporty ride equivalent to a large-sized motorcycle while realizing excellent stability in low-speed ranges. This vehicle is equipped with a hybrid system that combines a horizontally-opposed 4-cylinder engine and electric motors to generate plentiful torque for powerful acceleration. With the adoption of an original Honda linkage mechanism on its front wheel, this concept model proposes new values with advanced styling that emphasizes the mechanical fascination of a two-wheeled motorcycle model.
- EV-Cub Concept: It is a personal commuter model for short-distance commuting that follows the concept of an “easy-to-handle and economical motorcycle” that Honda has been pursuing since the creation of the first-generation Super Cub. By placing the battery, a heavy component, at a low position in the middle of the body, the ease of getting on and off the bike was achieved. Moreover, ease-of-handling was pursued through concentration of the mass and lowering of the center of gravity. In consideration of ease-of-use in a broader range of use environments, the battery itself was made detachable in addition to the fact that it is rechargeable using a standard home wall socket.
- *1Among sedan-type fuel-cell vehicles as of September 2015. Honda internal research
- *2As measured in JC08 mode. Honda internal measurement
- *3Honda internal measurement
- *4Honda internal research
All-new FCV (tentative name)
All-new Civic Type R
Honda WANDER STAND CONCEPT
Light Weight Super Sports Concept
Honda Project 2&4 powered by RC213V
Honda WANDER WALKER CONCEPT
Super Cub Concept
＜Overview of exhibits＞
(●Exhibition model, ○Production model, ★World premiere, ☆Japan premiere)
- Honda WANDER STAND CONCEPT〈★〉
- Honda WANDER WALKER CONCEPT〈★〉
- Honda Project 2&4 powered by RC213V〈☆〉
Planned production models:
- All-new FCV (tentative name)〈★〉* Announcement of the official name is scheduled on press day.
- All-new NSX〈☆〉
- All-new Civic Type R〈☆〉
- Odyssey Hybrid〈★〉
- N-ONE (Modulo X)
- N-BOX SLASH
- Step WGN (Welfare Vehicle)
- Step WGN Spada
- McLaren Honda MP4-30
- Light Weight Super Sports Concept〈★〉
- EV-Cub Concept〈★〉
- Super Cub Concept〈★〉
- Concept CB〈★〉
- GROM 50 Scrambler Concept-One〈★〉
- GROM 50 Scrambler Concept-Two〈★〉
Planned production models:
- CBR1000RR SP〈☆〉
- CRF1000L Africa Twin〈☆〉
- FORZA125 *Overseas market model
- CB1100 EX
Custom concept models:
- CB1300SUPER BOL D'OR Custom Concept〈☆〉
- CB1100 Custom Concept〈☆〉
- CB400SUPER BOL D'OR Custom Concept〈☆〉
- PCX125 Custom Concept〈☆〉
- GROM Custom Concept〈☆〉
- RC213V (Raced in 2015 Road Racing World Championship MotoGP Class)
- CRF450 RALLY (Raced in 2014 Dakar Rally- Argentina, Bolivia, Chile)
- UNI-CUB β