American Honda Motor Company, Inc. will exhibit the new CBR500R sport model in its world debut at AIMExpo (American International Motorcycle Expo), an international motorcycle show that will be held in Orlando, Florida from October 15th to 18th, 2015.
As a mid-class model in Honda's CBR series lineup, the new CBR500R will appeal to a wide variety of riders, including the riders moving up, entry-level riders, and veteran riders seeking casual and comfortable riding. Featuring new styling with its “DNA" inherited from the CBR1000RR, the series' flagship model, the CBR500R's muffler has a new shape, evolving into a more stylish model that lets the rider enjoy more pleasant exhaust sounds.
<Key features of the CBR500R>
- “Aggressive Speed Shape” is its styling concept, and the new CBR500R is equipped with a new LED dual headlight. From the striking, more forward-slanted front face to the rear area designed as if it's swinging up with a new LED tail lamp, the overall form and edgy character lines give expression to a dynamic flow in the wind.
- The new irregular shaped cross-section muffler's internal structure has been changed to achieve further mass concentration, generating crisp exhaust sounds, accenting the low tones.
- The newly designed, larger-capacity fuel tank also has a hinged fuel cap, improving user-friendliness when refueling.
- The front suspension is equipped with a preload adjuster system.
- The brake lever adjustment mechanism assures good fit in the hands of a wide range of riders.
Launch of the CBR500R is planned for 2016 in the U.S. The regions with sales planned include North America, Europe, Asia and Japan (CBR400R).