- October 27, 2011
Honda to Begin Sales of Refreshed Insight Hybrid Model in JapanNew Insight Exclusive with 1.5-liter engine joins lineup
TOKYO, Japan, October 27, 2011 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. introduced the newly refreshed Insight hybrid model, a popular model known for its exceptional environmental performance and affordable price. In addition, the new Insight Exclusive model featuring a 1.5-liter engine has joined the Insight lineup. Honda will begin sales of both models at dealerships across Japan on November 11.
The refreshed Insight offers new exterior styling elements and refined interior. Furthermore, by reducing engine friction and other technological advancements, the Insight offers extraordinary fuel economy of 27.2 km/L as measured in JC08 mode and 31.0 km/L as measured in 10·15 mode.*1
The new Insight Exclusive model features unique styling and refined exterior and interior designs. Its powerful but fuel-efficient 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine is shared with the CR-Z sport hybrid model, but specially tuned for the new Insight Exclusive model. The Insight Exclusive offers fuel economy of 23.2 km/L as measured in JC08 mode and 26.5 km/L as measured in 10·15 mode.*1
Key updates to Insight
- While offering the same powerful driving performance, the upgraded 1.3-liter i-VTEC engine plus IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) hybrid system delivers even higher fuel economy of 27.2 km/L as measured in JC08 mode and 31.0 km/L as measured in 10·15 mode. Sound insulation and absorption materials have been added to increase interior quietness.
- Newly designed front and rear bumpers offer a wide and stylish appearance while increasing fuel economy.
- To maximize handling stability and ride comfort, suspension settings have been updated, and application of VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) is now standard.
- The shape of the rear seats has been redesigned to enhance rear occupant comfort and rear visibility.
Key features of Insight Exclusive
- The 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine plus IMA hybrid system delivers outstanding fuel economy of 23.2 km/L as measured in JC08 mode and 26.5 km/L as measured in 10·15 mode, as well as powerful acceleration and smooth high-speed cruising.
- Exclusive exterior design elements include a premium front grille with integrated LED accessory lights, front bumper, side sill garnishes, a rear bumper diffuser, and a shark fin antenna.
- The interior offers an elegant combination of dark faux wood panels with silver accents with a lustrous finish.
- Seven-speed paddle shifters on the steering wheel are standard equipment for further driving enjoyment.
- Sound insulation and absorption materials have been added to enhance interior quietness for an even more refined ride.
- On the Insight Exclusive XL InterNavi Select Type, Honda’s InterNavi*2 + Linkup Free*3 service is standard with a full-segment (12seg/1seg) high-definition terrestrial digital monitor, allowing users to enjoy a wide variety of useful functions, including HD TV broadcasts.
- Testing by Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- Includes high-sensitivity color rear-view camera, InterNavi route functionality, 7-inch widescreen display, 12seg/1seg TV, DVD/CD player with AM/FM tuner, AV input jack, steering wheel mounted audio remote control with illuminated buttons and voice recognition functionality, Bluetooth® hands-free telephone functionality, four-speaker audio system, and ETC (electronic toll collection) functionality
- Linkup Free provides free data transmission only with exclusive included device