- June 16, 2011
Honda Begins Sales of All-New Fit Shuttle and Fit Shuttle Hybrid Compact Cars
TOKYO, Japan, June 16, 2011 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. announced that the all-new Fit Shuttle and Fit Shuttle Hybrid compact cars will go on sale in Japan from today. With all the advantages of a compact, easy-to-handle 5-number body size, the Fit Shuttle features a large cargo area, outstanding fuel economy and a refined, comfortable and quiet ride.
- Fit Shuttle 15X (FWD)
- Fit Shuttle HYBRID
Leveraging the advanced packaging technologies that Honda developed for the Fit, the Fit Shuttle and Fit Shuttle Hybrid are a new type of compact car perfect for a wide variety of lifestyles. They defy the conventional wisdom about compact cars to offer a superb combination of spaciousness, utility, fuel economy, refinement and comfort.
Offering an exceptional level of value for money, both models are priced affordably. Pricing of the Fit Shuttle starts at ¥1,610,000*1, and the Fit Shuttle Hybrid starts at ¥1,810,000*2.
< Exceptional spaciousness and utility beyond compact car class >
- Honda’s innovative center tank makes possible an exceptionally spacious cabin and large cargo area.
- By enhancing IPU (Intelligent Power Unit) layout in the Fit Shuttle Hybrid, flat and low cargo area has been possible, further adding to utility.
- Featuring the world’s first double-hinge structure*3, the reversible floor boards*4 make possible many different cargo area arrangements.
< Outstanding fuel economy of small car class >
- The Fit Shuttle features a 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine and offers best-in-class*5 fuel economy of 18.6 km/liter as measured in JC08 mode and 20 km/liter as measured in 10·15 mode*6—the same as the Fit*7.
- The Fit Shuttle Hybrid features Honda’s original compact, lightweight hybrid system, 1.3-liter i-VTEC engine plus IMA (Integrated Motor Assist), and offers fuel economy of 25.0 km/liter as measured in JC08 mode and 30 km/liter as measured in 10·15 mode—the same as the Fit Hybrid.
< Refinement and comfort worthy of a midsize car class >
- The elegant exterior design offers a dramatic presence, which is complemented by the exceptional refinement of the interior.
- The ride is as quiet and comfortable as that of the Accord midsize sedan.
- MSRP in Japan of Fit Shuttle 15C (FWD) including consumption tax
- MSRP in Japan of Fit Shuttle HYBRID-C including consumption tax
- Honda research as of June 2011
- Available on 1.5-liter models
- 1.5-liter station wagon class (Honda research as of June 2011)
- Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism calculations
- Comparison with Fit 15X
- The name “Fit Shuttle” indicates that, like the original Fit, the model is designed to bring users joy by fitting into their lives in a wide variety of ways. In addition, like a space shuttle, the model can help users fulfill dreams that are out of the ordinary, using advanced technology to transport them and their cargo in comfort, safety and style.
- The Fit Shuttle will provide information through social medias. For details, please access at:
http://www.honda.co.jp/FITSHUTTLE/movie-info/ (The site is available only in Japanese)
Key Features of the Fit Shuttle and Fit Shuttle Hybrid
- The large cargo area of the Fit Shuttle offers a combined 590 liter*8 of space above and below the floor.
- The Fit Shuttle Hybrid offers the same cabin space as the Fit Shuttle, as well as ample cargo capacity of 517 liter.
- The cargo area floor is only 540 mm*9 above the ground, making it easy to load and unload cargo.
- When the one-touch fold-down rear seats are stowed, the cargo area is flat and 1,810 mm long*10.
- Since the cargo area floor is flush with the rear door opening, cargo slides easily in and out of the cargo area.
- With a height of 1,540 mm*11, both the Fit Shuttle and Fit Shuttle Hybrid fit in a typical mechanical parking garage berth in Japan (height 1,550 mm).
- The small 4.9 m turning radius*12 further adds to nimble driving.
- FWD models, 546 liter for 4WD models
- FWD models, 565 mm for 4WD models
- With the front passenger seat pushed all the way forward, the maximum cargo area length extends to 2,000 mm
- FWD models, 4WD models are 1,565 mm in height
- 1.5-liter FWD models, 1.5-liter 4WD and hybrid models have a turning radius of 5.1 m
- For extra luggage room, the cargo area features additional space beneath the floor: 94 liter in 1.5-liter FWD models, 50 liter in 1.5-liter 4WD models and 21 liter in hybrid models.
- Featuring the world’s first double-hinge structure, the two reversible floor boards can be used in three types (separate mode, tall mode and full mode) to accommodate many different types of cargo*13.
- A wide variety of seat arrangements accommodates large, long and tall items.
- Available on 1.5-liter models only
- In both the Fit Shuttle and the Fit Shuttle Hybrid, engine friction, front brake drag and other types of resistance have been minimized, resulting in enhanced fuel economy.
- When the hybrid models cruise on motor power alone, the fuel pump and ignition system shut down, resulting in reduced energy losses and even more sophisticated hybrid system control.
- In the Fit Shuttle models with a continuously variable transmission (CVT), a torque converter helps provide powerful off-the-line acceleration, and the CVT ratio control has been finely tuned. The result is an extremely refined acceleration feel.
- Hybrid models feature Eco Assist (Ecological Drive Assist System), which helps the driver engage in fuel-efficient driving practices.
- All models feature ECON Mode for additional support of real-world fuel economy.
HDD InterNavi System plus Linkup Free
- The Fit Shuttle and Fit Shuttle Hybrid are available with the HDD InterNavi System and the Linkup Free service, a car navigation data service that members of InterNavi Link Premium Club may use free of charge*14.
- The HDD InterNavi System uses a new 3G network offering higher data transmission speeds and a wider service area*15.
- The Linkup Free service is available free of charge only with exclusive HDD InterNavi System equipment
- Third-generation (3G) communications network from SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp.
- With its elegant form, the exterior design communicates a strong presence.
- Featuring a 3D appearance and generous chrome, the wide front grille merges with the large, sharply defined headlights, establishing a front view exceptionally refined for an automobile in the compact segment.
- Specially designed rear quarter windows help convey the ample size of the cargo area while contributing to the relaxed side view.
- The pronounced slant of the rear window and large combination lights help create a rear view that is nimble but stable in appearance.
- Advanced and clean, the exclusive exterior of the Fit Shuttle Hybrid features a chrome-plated front grille with a clear blue coating and an acrylic cover.
- The interior gives occupants an impression of refinement and elegance the moment they enter the vehicle.
- High-quality fabrics and a combination of chrome-plated and painted parts add to the refined environment.
- Featuring a frame appropriate for a midsize automobile, the front seats significantly contribute to ride comfort.
- The center portion of the seats features a durable suede-like material, while the sides of the seats feature high-quality, leather-like Gransmooth® fabric*16.
- Gransmooth® is a material jointly developed by Honda and SEIREN CO., LTD.
- The chassis is based on the balanced chassis of the Fit and features special settings for an even more comfortable ride.
- Wide tires and high-performance shock absorbers on the front and rear offer exceptional ride comfort on a wide variety of road surfaces while contributing to handling stability.
- Parts made with lightweight high-tensile steel and polygonal cross sections help strengthen joints and attachment points and contribute to overall body rigidity. In turn, these benefits make possible the large cargo area, large rear door opening and exceptional ride comfort.
- Effectively placed sound-absorbing and -proofing materials contribute to body and chassis rigidity while helping to prevent noise and vibration from entering the cabin. As a result, ride quietness is comparable to that of a midsize sedan.
- All models are certified by Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism as complying with the 2005 - 75% emissions standard.
- 1.5-liter FWD and hybrid models are certified by Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism as complying with the 2010 + 25% fuel economy standard.*17
- Over 90 percent of the entire vehicle is recyclable.*18
- 1.5-liter FWD models and hybrid models
- Computed based on the “Definition of and Guideline for Calculating the Percentage of Recyclable Materials in New Automobiles” (Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Inc., 1998)
- The Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure enhances self-protection while mitigating damage to other vehicles in the event of a collision.
- VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist), which assists the driver in maintaining control during cornering, is standard on all FWD models.
- Standard on all models, impact-mitigating headrests in the front seats are designed to help mitigate the likelihood of neck injury in the event of a rear impact.
- Headrests and 3-point ELR seatbelts are standard equipment on all three rear seats of all models.
Rotating Front Passenger Seat Models
- Fit Shuttle and Fit Shuttle Hybrid models with a rotating front passenger seat will also be available starting June 16. The Fit Shuttle Hybrid is Honda’s first hybrid model to offer this feature.
- Based on the high-quality and comfortable Fit Shuttle seat, the exclusively designed rotating front passenger seat makes it easy to enter and exit the vehicle and holds the passenger firmly but gently.
- Fit Shuttle HYBRID Smart Selection with rotating front passenger seat
(Manufacturer's optional vehicle)
Honda Techmatic System models
- Also available starting June 16 are Fit Shuttle and Fit Shuttle Hybrid models equipped with the Honda Techmatic System, which helps people with a disability drive with ease and comfort.