TOKYO, Japan, March 25, 2010 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. announced that the all-new ENEPO*1 EU9iGB generator, which is powered by easily purchased, used and stored home-use butane canisters, will go on sale on May 13 at Honda power products dealers, Honda-designated home centers, Honda Cars automobile dealers and Honda motorcycle dealers throughout Japan.
The ENEPO EU9iGB generator is the second Honda power product after the Pianta FV200 rotary tiller to be powered by home-use butane gas canisters. Compact and offering output of 900 VA, the reasonably priced ENEPO EU9iGB generator is accessible in three ways. One, its butane fuel is easy to handle and manage. Two, the generator itself is easy to transport and store. Three, it is very easy to use.
The ENEPO EU9iGB generator features Honda's original high-speed multi-polar alternator generation system and sine wave inverter, enabling it to provide power to fragile instruments such as personal computers, lighting, power tools, cooking equipment and other appliances using 900 W or less of electricity.*2 Intended for use outside,*3 the ENEPO EU9iGB generator has large casters and a fold-down handle that make it easy to push or pull with one hand, as well as packaging that makes it easy to stow and store. In addition, as compared to Honda gasoline-powered generators of identical output, the ENEPO EU9iGB produces approximately 10 percent lower CO2 emissions per hour of work performed.*4
Ideal as a power source for outdoor leisure activities and as a backup power source during power failures and similar situations, the ENEPO EU9iGB generator is positioned to create a new market for compact and convenient electrical generators.
- *1The name "ENEPO" signifies a new "epoch" of generators that make "energy" extremely "portable."
- *2Before using the ENEPO EU9iGB generator, it is necessary to confirm the power consumption (W) of the devices to be powered (certain devices rated 900 W or lower may be incompatible with the ENEPO EU9iGB generator).
- *3To maintain safety, the ENEPO EU9iGB generator itself may be used outdoors only (the power it produces may be used indoors or outdoors).
- *4Honda calculations.
Home-use butane canister-
powered ENEPO EU9iGB
Pulling the ENEPO EU9iGB
with one hand
Transporting the ENEPO EU9iGB
- Annual sales target (Japan): 9,000 units
- Manufacturer's suggested retail price (Japan): ¥104,790 (¥99,800 before tax)
- Key Features of the ENEPO EU9iGB
- Easy to use in a wide variety of applications
- 1)Fuel that is easy to use and store
- For fuel, the ENEPO EU9iGB uses home-use butane gas canisters, which are widely available, easy to store and easy to use. Loaded with two canisters, the ENEPO EU9iGB can run continuously for approximately 1.1 hours at rated load with Eco-Throttle in operation to a maximum of approximately 2.2 hours at 1/4 load with Eco-Throttle in operation. The specified butane gas canisters are produced by Toho Metal Industries Co., Ltd.
- To load a butane canister, the user simply aligns the tip of the canister with the arrow on the fuel loading port. A sensor lever prevents misalignment, helps the user lock a canister tip in place with a single motion and a fastening lever allows the user to position and load two canisters at the same time.
- Butane gas fuel allows for clog-free operation. In addition, the canisters can be stored for an extended period of time, allowing for smooth and easy restarting of the generator.
- A high-volume*5 impurity catch cup built into the regulator removes impurities, preventing them from entering the mixer. The result is enhanced generator startup after long periods of use and enhanced generator durability.
- *5Approximately 550 canisters (300 hours of use at rated load)
- 2)Easy to transport
- The standard large casters and fold-down handle make the ENEPO EU9iGB easy to push or pull with one hand.
- The ENEPO EU9iGB may be laid on its side for shipping or transport by car.*6
- *6For short-term storage or shipping only
- 3)Easy to start
- The simple, easy-to-understand startup process is clearly described in print on the unit, making it easy for even first-time users to start the ENEPO EU9iGB:
- 1.Open the gas canister cover and insert two canisters using the above-mentioned method.
- 2.Turn engine switch to ON.
- 3.Pull recoil grip to start.
- 4)Easy to use
- Thanks to Honda's original sine wave inverter technology, the ENEPO EU9iGB produces a stable supply of electricity equivalent in quality to standard household power.
- A parallel connecting cord (sold separately) allows two ENEPO EU9iGB units to be used together for combined output of 1,800 VA. The ENEPO EU9iGB may also be used in parallel with the Honda EU9i gasoline engine generator.*7
- *7Excluding the EU9i entry
- Outstanding environmental performance
- The Eco-Throttle function automatically optimizes engine rpms based on the power consumption of powered devices, contributing to enhanced fuel economy and reduced noise.
- As compared to Honda gasoline-powered generators of identical output, the ENEPO EU9iGB produces approximately 10 percent lower CO2 emissions per hour of work performed.
- The standard silent muffler and engine cover reduce noise, allowing for early morning operation.
- The ENEPO EU9iGB is officially designated as ultra-low-noise construction equipment under Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism noise regulations.
- Features for safety and convenience
- The two fuel loading ports include check valves to prevent butane from flowing from a canister with higher pressure to a canister with lower pressure.
- An accelerometer in the inverter senses if the unit falls over during operation, turning it off. In addition, a breather chamber between the crankcase and the mixer returns inflowing engine oil to the crankcase, preventing oil from leaking or smoldering should the unit fall over.
- An LED display clearly indicates current output, as well as such warnings as overload, low oil, overturned unit and improper unit angle.
- Smart and slim design
- Tall and slim and without protruding parts, the ENEPO EU9iGB is easy for even first-time users to understand and use. Its smart and slim design makes it easy to move about, load in a car and store.
- Large, easy-to-understand instructions for using the ENEPO EU9iGB are printed on the unit itself for easy access at all times.
- Principal Specifications
|Rated AC output (50/60Hz)||100V - 900VA|
|Continuous operating hours (h)||Approximately 1.1 (rated load)-2.2 (1/4 load)*|
|Generator type||Multi-pole inverter|
|Operating Noise (dB[A]/LwA)||81 (3/4 load)*|
|79 (1/4 load)-84 (rated load)*|
|Dry weight (kg)||19.5|
|Overall equipment weight (kg)||20.4|
|Fuel type||Butane gas canisters*8|
|Fuel weight (g) (two canisters)||500 (standard weight of fuel in two canisters)|
|Startup temperature range (°C)||5-40|
|Engine model (type)||GXH57
(air-cooled 4-stroke single-cylinder OHV)
|Ignition system||Fully transistorized (spark-advance control)|
|Standard equipment||Generator/engine||Eco-Throttle, sine wave inverter control, parallel operation jack, overload warning lamp, output indicator lamp, low oil/overturned unit warning lamp|
|Frame||Fold-down handle, large casters|
|*||During Eco-Throttle operation.|
||With handle folded down.|
|*8||To be used only with butane gas canisters specified by Honda.|