Summary of Honda’s Exhibitions at Auto Shanghai
- Dongfeng Honda begins sales of Civic Hybrid in China -
|Shanghai, China, April 20, 2007 – Jointly with its automobile production and sales joint venture companies in China, Guangzhou Honda and Dongfeng Honda, Honda Motor Co., Ltd. has adopted the theme of “Dreams, Technologies, Joys” at Auto Shanghai (motor show) which is being held from April 20 through 28 (Media day: April 20 and 21).
Honda recognizes the importance of efforts to address the issues of safety, the environment and energy conservation in China from a global perspective. Based on this commitment, Dongfeng Honda will begin the import and sales of Civic Hybrid through dedicated Dongfeng Honda dealers.
Summary of Exhibitions
From a rich lineup of Honda’s advanced powertrain technologies, the following items will be exhibited as suggestions for sustainable mobility in the Chinese automobile industry:
• Civic Hybrid
• FCX Concept, Honda’s new fuel-cell vehicle, and Honda’s experimental Home Energy Station, which would provide hydrogen home refueling.
• Fit FFV, a Flexible Fuel Vehicle that can be operated on either 100% ethanol or a wide range of ethanol-gasoline fuel mixtures, which Honda has been producing and selling in Brazil since the end of 2006.
• Green Boat 2, the winning machine in the first Honda Econopower Race held in China in 2006, developed by a team from Tongji University, which drove 331.623 kilometers on one liter of gasoline. (In the Honda Econopower Race, participating teams compete based on the distance the vehicle can drive with one liter of gasoline. This is a race to challenge the limits of fuel efficiency.)
• Other exhibitions:
- All-new CR-V and other models sold by Dongfeng Honda and Guangzhou Honda
- Accord, City - cut body
- Driving simulator
- F1 machine (2007 livery model)
The Acura Advanced Sports Car Concept, a design concept model for the next-generation sports car to succeed NSX, will be on display.
• Acura MDX, which went on sale April 13
• Acura RL and TL will also be on display.
Through these exhibitions, Honda’s goal is to express dreams for the future, the technologies to make such dreams come true, and the joys that mobility can bring to people. As a responsible member of the automobile industry in China, Honda will continue proposing its future technologies for the rapidly growing Chinese auto market to create a harmonious mobility society by solving issues such as safety, the environment, and energy conservation.