|Tokyo, February 26, 2003 ---
Honda Motor Co., Ltd. has announced the release of the new FF300 Salad mini
tiller, featuring simple, carefree operation that even first-time users
will feel comfortable with. The new tiller will go on sale March 1st at
Honda power equipment dealers throughout Japan. The Salad features a centrally
mounted vertical engine and forward-positioned rotary assembly, making it
lightweight and compact, with a low center of gravity and symmetrical lateral
balance. A variety of tilling and intertillage* operations can all be easily
handled with this one tiller.
* Removal of weeds, etc. from furrows.
The Salad's engine is positioned to create a low center of gravity, and
the ARS (Active Rotary System) --- Honda's own original rotary system with
coaxial rotating tines --- is located at the front of the tiller, to achieve
deep-tilling capability and superior straight-line stability that even a
novice can control with ease.
The tiller comes equipped with the GXV57 engine, a Honda e-SPEC engine that
meets the world's highest standards in environmental performance, including
US EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) Phase II regulations --- the most
stringent exhaust emissions standard for general purpose engines in the
world --- and European noise regulations for 2006. It also achieves fuel
efficiency at the top of its class* (under 4 horsepower), with fuel consumption
of 0.38L per hour*, combining outstanding tilling performance with the capacity
to till an area of approximately 1,148m2*
(L Type, 2nd-speed operation) on one liter of fuel.
* According to Honda in-house measurements.
The specially designed loop handle allows the operator to select the grip
position most appropriate for the work to be done and to operate the clutch
while maintaining the same grip.
To help further expand the domestic home garden market, a version of this
tiller specially built for the home center market, the Holiday FF300H, will
also go on sale March 1st at designated home centers.
| FF300 Salad
of the FF300 Salad
Superior tilling performance
- The Salad tills deep down
despite its compact, lightweight design, with one-touch front wheel
operation maintaining a constant tilling depth.
- Outstanding operability allows everything from tilling to intertillage and other garden
management activities to all be carried out with this one tiller.
(Maximum tilling depth: 160mm --- Honda in-house measurement)
- The engine layout secures a low center of gravity, resulting in highly stable
- The differential can be unlocked, for a tight turning radius and easy handling.
- The front wheels can be lowered with one touch, raising the rotary tines off the
ground for easy mobility between jobs.
- Two-stage adjustment for tilling width and wheel width makes it easy to carry out
cultivation activities in the furrows.
- The newly developed loop handle adapts to changes in operating posture.
High economical and environmental performance
- The rotary assembly is positioned in the front, giving the operator an increased
sense of security.
A new design just right for home gardening
- Fuel economy at the top of its class. (Tilling area per liter of fuel: approx. 1,148m2
(L Type, 2nd-speed operation) --- Honda in-house measurement.)
- Equipped with the GXV57 engine, a Honda e-SPEC engine that meets both US
EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) Phase II and CARB (California Air
Resources Board) Tier II regulations --- the most stringent exhaust emissions
standards for general-purpose engines in the world. It combines high-efficiency
tilling performance with CO2 emissions during tilling operations approximately half
those of tillers with comparable power output (according to Honda in-house
- With a silent muffler as standard equipment and other noise-reduction features, the
Salad is also top of its class for low-noise performance at just 77dB (A). This clears
European Stage 2 regulations for 2006.
- The engine and other mechanical parts are encased in a plastic cover for a pleasing
appearance, while the low center-of-gravity design makes for easy straight-line
operation. The result is an advanced mini tiller that combines high performance with
easy, carefree operation.
|Type (Specifications for the F330H are
the same as the J Type)
|L x W x H (handle height) (mm)
||1,465 x 465 x 1,010
|Dry Weight (kg)
|Outfitted Weight (kg)
||Air-cooled 4-stroke, single-cylinder OHV, vertical
|Output/Engine Speed [kW (PS)/ rpm]
||1.0 (1.4) / 4,000
|Max. Output [kW (PS)]
|Max. Torque [N·m (kg·m)/ rpm]
||3.0 (0.3) / 4,000
||Automotive-grade unleaded gasoline
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)
|Main Clutch Type
|Tilling Width (mm)
||290 / 450
|Tine Diameter (mm)
||New-form French tines
|Handle Height Adjustment
||2-stage (bolt fasteners)