November 27, 2003-Honda Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the release of a new Stream Absolute 7-seater minivan, with a specially developed high-rigidity body and a finely tuned suspension for sporty, exhilarating driving. The new model is equipped with a newly developed direct injection 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC I gasoline engine and will be available nationwide through Honda's automobile dealer networks starting December 4, 2003.
In addition to the Stream Absolute, Honda will launch a new Stream Almas welfare vehicle (with lift-up front passenger seat) equipped with the 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC I engine. This new model will be released through Honda's automobile dealer networks starting January 26, 2004.
Stream Absolute (2.0L)
2.0L DOHC i-VTEC I engine
|●Monthly sales target:||4,000 units (series total)|
|●Manufacturer’s suggested retail price (consumption tax not included; units: ¥1,000)|
|Absolute||2.0L DOHC i-VTEC I||CVT + 7 speed mode||FF||2,220|
* Models in Premium White Pearl + ¥30,000.
* Stream Almas welfare vehicle (with lift-up front passenger seat) + ¥398,000.
Major factory options:
- 1st-row seat i-Side airbag system +¥45,000
(equipped with passenger positioning detection system for front passenger seat)
- Voice-operated Honda HDD navigation system with rear camera +¥320,000
(with InverNavi Premium Club service, 7-inch wide display, DVD/MD/CD player & AM/FM/TV tuner)
- Rear entertainment system +¥200,000
(includes a 7-inch wide display, DVD player & TV tuner, 2 sets of wireless headphones, remote control, AC100V power & AV input jack)
- Premium sound system +¥115,000
(MD player + 6-disc CD changer & AM/FM tuner + 7 speakers)
- Rear cooler (third row) +¥50,000
- Electric outer-sliding, smoked glass sunroof with tilt-up mechanism +¥80,000
- U package +¥20,000
(Center multi-console with cup holder, instrument panel tray mat, sun visor with illuminated vanity mirror (both front seats), ignition key light)
- *Factory options and/or package options sets are subject to availability. Certain package combinations may also be unavailable.
Major features of the Absolute (2.0L)
Engine: Newly developed direct in-cylinder injection 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC I gasoline engine
- The newly developed 2-liter DOHC i-VTEC I engine incorporates advanced Honda technologies and intelligent control systems, for class-leading fuel economy as well as clean emissions and high output --- two areas which are problematic for direct injection engines.
- The newly developed 2-liter DOHC i-VTEC I integrates the i-VTEC system, which combines VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) and VTC (Variable Timing Control), with a newly developed center injection system, for an air-fuel ratio*1 of 65:1, an unprecedented level of ultra-lean combustion. Stable combustion is achieved with considerably less fuel than with conventional direct injection engines, for which an air-fuel ratio of 40:1 was the limit. The new engine makes for sporty driving and a high fuel efficiency of 15.0 km/L*2.
- Combustion control through the use of high-precision EGR valves and a newly developed high-performance catalyst enable the i-VTEC I, while a lean-burn direct engine, to qualify as an Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle.
- *1EGR included
- *2Fuel economy in 10-15 mode (Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport calculations)
Transmission: Delivers powerful and smooth acceleration and excellent fuel efficiency, with CVT + 7-speed mode for manual-feel shifting.
- A torque converter ensuring powerful starts and a CVT ensuring smooth acceleration deliver powerful, smooth driving and superior fuel efficiency. In the D position, driving conditions such as accelerator and brake operation, and road conditions are evaluated for automatic selection of the optimal gear ratio.
- Cornering G-shift control, which detects lateral Gs on winding roads and maintains optimal engine rpm, delivers sportier and more economical driving, and offers responsive handling in a broad range of driving conditions.
- Honda's original newly developed metal belt is used in the CVT.