April 18, 2003Honda Motor Co., Ltd. has announced the introduction of the XR250 Motard, a new sport bike equipped with an easy-to-manage, powerful, air-cooled single-cylinder 250cc 4-stroke engine that delivers exceptional on-road driving performance. The XR250 Motard goes on sale Saturday, April 26th.
The XR250 Motard is based on the XR250 off-road sport bike that underwent a model change in February this year. This new on-road sport model has 17-inch aluminum wheels (front/rear) and road tires, giving the bike a “Super Motard”* image.
These modifications assure the XR250 Motard nimble handling and improved maneuverability when riding around town. The bike features a black body color scheme emphasizing a powerful look that will appeal to street bikers, who ride mainly in urban areas.
Body color: Black
|*Super Motard:||A bike race that has recently become popular, mainly in Europe, featuring off-road bikes with small-diameter wheels and on-road tires that compete for speed over asphalt and dirt surfaces.|
|●Annual domestic sales target||1,000 units|
|●Manufacturer’s suggested retail price (consumption tax not included):||¥519,000|
(Example of regionally adjusted manufacturer’s suggested retail price: Okinawa +8,000 yen. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is for reference only. Similar adjustments may be made in other regions.)
=Main Features of the XR250 Motard=
Powerful and dynamic exterior design
- The XR250 Motard is fitted with 3.00x17-inch and 3.50x17-inch (front/rear) wide-rim wheels equipped with 110/70-17 and 130/70-17 (front/rear) wide on-road tires. The combination of small wheels and long-stroke suspension achieves a striking, new exterior design. The sharp looking tank shroud and upswept design of the rear fender augment the bike’s dynamic appearance. The exterior expresses an overall feeling of power by virtue of its black body color highlighted with silver stripes.
Combination of off-road bike design and small-diameter on-road tires generates a
fresh handling feel
- Combining a slim, lightweight off-road bike design with small diameter on-road tires
provides comfortable handling distinguished by on-road agility and a tenacious
Inverted front forks for exceptional handling stability and ride comfort
- The front suspension employs a 43mm diameter inverted cartridge type fork tube, achieving
both comfortable handling and outstanding shock absorption.
Seat designed for comfort
- The two-tone black and gray seat features a slim design to facilitate rider body movements, together with a broad rider contact patch for assured comfort. Seat height is set 20mm lower than on the base XR250 model, enabling riders to assume an optimal position for on-road use.
Digital CDI unit ensures optimal ignition timing
- A digital CDI unit is employed for high-precision ignition timing optimally matched to throttle opening. Digital CDI boosts power at low throttle openings, giving riders easier control of the engine.
Effective anti-theft equipment
- Anti-theft protection includes a sturdy combination lock ignition key cylinder and pre-wiring for an alarm kit*, sold separately.
* The alarm kit consists of an anti-theft system that sounds an alarm if the bike is rocked or moved.
|Model Name||XR250 Motard|
|Model Type||Honda BA-MD30|
|L x W x H (m)||2.110×0.790×1.150|
|Ground Clearance (m)||0.240|
|Seat Height (m)||0.855|
|Vehicle Weight (kg)||134|
|Dry Weight (kg)||120|
|Number of Riders||2|
|Turning Radius (m)||2.2|
|Engine Type||MD17E (air-cooled 4-stroke OHC single-cylinder)|
|Bore x Stroke (mm)||73.0×59.5|
|Max· Power (kW[PS]/rpm)||21/8,000|
|Max· Torque (N·m[kg·m]/rpm)||25[2.6]/7,000|
|Fuel Consumption (km/L)||40.0 (60 km/h low-altitude driving)|
|Ignition||CDI battery ignition|
|Lubrication||Pressure feed (dry sump)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||9.7|
|Clutch||Wet-type, multi-plate and coil spring|
|Gearbox||Constant mesh, 5-speed return|
|Caster Angle (degrees)/Trail (mm)||25°15´/71|
|Tire Size||Front||110/70-17M/C 54H|
|Rear||130/70-17 M/C 62H|
|Braking System||Front||Hydraulic disc|
|Rear||Swing arm (Pro-Link)|