|Tokyo, January 21, 1999 --- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. today updated its advanced Accord/Torneo sporty sedan and specialty wagon, Accord Wagon series, expanding the availability of the LEV (Low Emission Vehicle) engines to all Accord/Torneo 2.0VTS models.
The sporty Accord and Torneo SiR/SiR-T S-packages, the attractively priced newly upgraded Accord and Torneo 2.0VTS 4WD F-type and the sporty Accord Wagon SiR grade, powered by a newly designed 2.3-liter DOHC VTEC engine, are being launched simultaneously from January 21, 1999.
The new Accord and Accord Wagon will be available at Clio dealers throughout Japan, while the new Torneo will be available nationwide at Primo and Verno dealers.
Distinctive features (Accord and Torneo)
Expansion of LEV engines to all 2.0VTS models
Sporty S-package for SiR and SiR-T models
- All models of the most popular 2.0VTS grade are now Honda LEV boasting CO, HC and NOx exhaust emissions some 90 % cleaner than current domestic average exhaust emission regulation requirements.
New 2.0VTS 4WD F-type version
- Front under spoiler, rear spoiler and aluminum wheels are standard.
- Sporty high-grade front seats with leather/moquette combination upholstery.
- Punched-type leather steering wheel and gearshift knob.
Other equipment and features
- An attractively priced version of the 2.0VTS 4WD model with improved features including High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights.
Distinctive features (Accord Wagon)
- Body-colored side protector molding (1.8VTS grade)
- Tinted front upper windshield (SiR/SiR-T grades)
- Woody finish power window switch panel (except 2.0VTS 4WD F-type and 1.8VTS grades)
- Premium White Pearl optional body color (except 2.0VTS 4WD F-type and 1.8VTS grades)
- Revised front grille design (for all Torneo models)
New, sporty SiR grade featuring a high performance DOHC VTEC engine
Equipment and features
- Newly developed 2.3-liter DOHC VTEC boasting a maximum power of 200PS at 6,800 rpm and maximum torque of 22.5 kgm at 5,300 rpm for powerful yet smooth driving performance.
- Standard equipment includes front under spoiler, twin silencers, and 205/55R16 tires on specially designed 5-nut, 16-inch aluminum wheels. This stylish exterior matches its sporty performance.
- Sporty black interior with punched leather steering wheel and gearshift knob.
- Yellow-on-black meters featuring red needles add to the sporty feel.
- Optional VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) system combines sideslip control to existing 4-wheel anti-lock brake (ABS) and traction control (TCS) systems for enhanced vehicle control.
- New gun metallic colored roof garnish (except Vi grade)
- Woody finish power window switch panel (except Vi grade)
- Optional Bose sound system (all grades)
Accord SiR S-package
Torneo SiR S-package
Accord Wagon SiR
Principal factory options (Accord/Torneo/Accord Wagon)
Standard features include ABS anti-lock brake system and dual SRS airbag system on all Accord, Torneo, and Accord Wagon models.
- Honda Navigation System
- Tinted glass sunroof
- Bose sound system
- Rear spoiler
- VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) on the Accord Wagon SiR
- Premium White Pearl body paint (except Accord/Torneo 1.8VTS, 2.0VTS 4WD F-type and Accord Wagon 2.3Vi/2.3Vi 4WD grades)
Domestic monthly sales target (Accord/Torneo/Accord Wagon series): 7,000 units