|Tokyo, July 15, 1998 --- The FG200 mini-tiller will go on sale from July 24 at Honda Power Products dealers throughout Japan. Designed for use in public and private gardens, the FG200 achieves clean exhaust emissions and low fuel consumption thanks to the newly developed GXV50 super-compact 4-cycle engine.
Following the FG100 mini-tiller launched in February 1998, the FG200 is the second in a series featuring 4-cycle engines. It is fitted with the new GXV50 4-cycle power unit, which, within the stationary-type 2.5PS class, is the lightest and most compact engine in the world. As well as being as compact and lightweight as any mini-tiller fitted with a 2-cycle engine, the FG200 emits minimal exhaust gases on starting up, and is extremely economical to run. A single throttle bar makes operation very simple. Smooth starting is ensured through the fitting of a mechanical decompressor. It is a machine anyone can use with ease.
- Fitted with the super-compact GXV50 4-cycle engine, it is more compact and lightweight than mini-tillers fitted with 2-cycle engines. Its exhaust emissions are relatively clean, and it is quiet and economical to run.
- Fitted with a single throttle bar for simple operation, and a mechanical decompressor to guarantee smooth starting.
- The engine is the first in its class to be fitted with a governor, leading to superior operating characteristics over long periods.
- New user-friendly design makes it easy to handle.
- Folding handle comes as standard, facilitating easy storage and enhanced portability.
- Incorporates low-vibration rotors with a plow width of 300mm that make tilling highly effective. The outside blades can be taken off to concentrate work on a smaller area, with the plow width reduced to 180mm in this instance.
The FG200 4-cycle mini-tiller
Domestic annual sales target: 5,000 units
|Total length/width/height (mm)
||1160 x 455 x 960
|Dry weight (kg)
|Fully equipped weight (kg)
||air-cooled 4-cycle single-cylinder gasoline (OHV)
|Total displacement (cc)
|Max. power output (kW (PS)/rpm)
||1.1 (1.5)/4,600 (max. power 1.9)
||recoil type (fitted with mechanical decompressor)
||unleaded gasoline (same as for automobiles)
|Fuel tank volume (l)
|Principal clutch mechanism
|No. of transmission gears
|Blade diameter (mm)
|Plow width (mm)
|No. of revolutions of blade axle
||197 (4,600 rpm)