Tokyo, November 12, 1998 --- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. has made minor changes to the series of popular Logo compacts. Designed to be one of the best urban runabouts, the Logo combines convenience and a roomy feel within a compact body. The new models will go on sale at all Honda automotive dealers nationwide from November 12.
Among the changes, the suspension settings and related adjustments have been re-tuned to ensure a much livelier feel on freeways and during cornering. The body has been redesigned to conform to the highest world collision safety standards. Standard safety fittings on all models include dual SRS airbags, ABS and front pretensioner 3-point ELR seat belts with a load-limiting feature.
Logo 5-door TS grade (with options)
A new sporty TS grade has been added to the series. Powered by a 1.3-liter, 16-valve engine, the TS comes in both 3-door and 5-door versions. A 4WD option has also been made available for the G grade and L grade. Lightweight Dual Pump REALTIME 4WD and the Honda CVT (Multi Matic-S) transmission ensure nimble handling with economical fuel consumption.
- Newly designed front and rear styling gives the vehicle a sportier, more European profile.
- Multi-reflecting headlights incorporated
Enhanced safety features:
- New, more comfortable front seat design
- Tilt steering/seat height adjuster/moquette seat upholstery (L grade and TS grade)
- 50:50 split folding rear seats (5-door L grade)
- Expanded range of antibacterial parts (heater control knob, combination switches, inner door handles, gear-shift knob, rear-seat door grips)
- New body design for greater collision safety. New body construction using Honda's unique G-force Control Technology ensures it conforms to the highest world collision safety standards (in internal tests, the body passed a 64 km/h offset deformable barrier test at a 40% angle and a full frontal collision at 55 km/h).
- In addition to a driver's SRS airbag system, a passenger SRS airbag system is now standard.
- ABS with brake-assist system and front pretensioner 3-point ELR seat belts with a load-limiting feature are now standard across the series.
- Retuned suspension settings improve safety and ease of handling during cornering and at high speeds.
- Honda CVT (Multi Matic-S) stepless automatic transmission with Grade Logic Control System (Honda Prosmatec) for improved gear shifting
Main features of the new TS grade
- Newly tuned 1.3-liter inline 4-cylinder SOHC 16-valve engine (maximum power 91PS at 6,300 rpm; maximum torque 11.6 kg at 4,800 rpm) gives a sharper response in city driving and a smoother and safer ride at high speed.
- Highly economical on fuel (net value 16.2 km/liter in 10-15 mode during official Ministry of Transport fuel consumption tests)
- Front and rear stabilizers with a specially low-slung 10 mm suspension unique to the TS grade provides tenacious road grip with superb ride smoothness.
- Front/rear under spoilers, fully body-colored bumpers, side sill panels, roof spoiler, centralized roof antenna and exhaust pipe finisher give the TS a super-sporty profile.
- 175/65R 14-inch steel radial tires and aluminum wheels are a size larger than the standard specifications for the rest of the series.
- Special TS-exclusive body color of Leaf Green Metallic
Domestic monthly sales target: 4,000 units
- Triple-spoke synthetic leather-wound steering wheel (fitted along with the factory-installed G-kit option) and tachometer enhance the sporty feel.
- Bucket-type front seats hold the body firmly.