|Tokyo, October 2, 1997 --- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. introduced today its new Odyssey Prestige powered by a new 3.0-liter V6 VTEC engine to combine comfort and noise levels on a par with high class sedans. This new Odyssey Prestige will be made available through Honda's Primo, Verno and Clio dealer networks nationwide starting October 2, 1997.
The Odyssey Prestige is powered by a new 3.0-liter V6 VTEC engine to offer sedan-like performance and ride quality while achieving class-leading quietness. A new front appearance and a leather interior (seat and shift knob) option on the 6-passenger VZ grade help distinguish this new model. A strong body offering omni-directional safety is combined with dual SRS airbags and a new brake system featuring ABS (anti-lock brake system) and EBD (electronic brake force distribution) functions to offer world-class safety.
Odyssey Prestige VZ
Odyssey Prestige Monthly Domestic Sales Target: 1,500 units
Light and compact new 3.0-liter V6 VTEC engine featuring air-assist injection system and revised EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) for lowered NOx and CO emissions meeting the "TMG LEV" standards set by the Tokyo metropolitan region's seven local governments, the three prefectures of Kanagawa, Chiba, and Saitama, and the three cities of Yokohama, Kawasaki, and Chiba.
||200 PS at 5,500 rpm.
||27.0 kgm at 4,700 rpm.
||8.8 km/l (10.15 mode)
|New direct clutch control 4-speed automatic transmission for improved actual fuel consumption.
New ABS system with EBD (electronic brake force distribution) to control front/rear brake pressure distribution according to front/rear weight balance improves both braking stability and performance.
Omni-directional protection provided by a strong body, a large straight-type frame and front/rear crushable zones.
- New front grille.
- Integrated roof garnish.
- All-round chromed side protector.
- Front windshield with half shade.
- Specific license plate garnish and emblem.
- Clear lens-type rear combination lamp.
- Body-colored tail gate spoiler.
- New mesh-type alloy wheels ( on VZ).
- Body stripes (on VZ).
- Body-colored side seal (on VZ).
New Honda Navigation System as a factory installed maker option:
- Wood panels (center and radio panels, front/rear pull pockets (VZ only) and rear cup-holders(VZ only)).
- Leather seats and leather shift knob (option on 6-passenger VZ only).
- New meter-cluster including tachometer, exterior temperature functions.
- Separate left/right front cup-holders.
- Full-flat front seat arrangement (excluding driver seat on VZ).
- Adjustable front seat armrest (first/second row seats for 6-passenger VZ).
- 8-way driver power seat (slide, reclining, front/rear height adjustable driver power seat standard on VZ).
- Specific jacquard moquette seat material.
- Second row seatbelts with child seat locking mechanism.
- Second row seat map lamp (excluding VZ with sunshine roof/front electric sunroof set option).
- Interior lamp-synchronized keyless entry system.
- Central horn-type steering wheel.
- 6-inch wide display with twin-map function
- Two-way "Inter Navi System"*.
- VICS road information system interconnection (optional receiver).
- Pre-setting of up to 5 check points on the way to destination.
- "Highway Guide" function
- "Landmark Display" function
* The Inter Navi System is a two-way navigation system capable of exchanging information with the outside via the Internet and direct connection with home-use personal computers. The system can also connect with cellular telephones via a specific adapter. The "Inter Navi Information Center" will start providing information in Inter Navi extended format starting January 1998. For safety reasons, operation while on the move is intentionally restricted. "Inter Navi System" is a brand name owned by Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
|Sunshine roof + front electric sunroof set
|Corner sensors + back sonar set
|New Honda Navigation System
|Cayman White body color