- Qualifying: April 8, 2017
- Race Day: April 9, 2017
- Lap Distance (km): 2.971
- Honda Takes Early Lead with Dominant One-Two Finish in Morocco
- Tiago Monteiro started the main race of the season-opener in Morocco from pole position, and drove an inch-perfect race leading every lap to win by less than a second from his Castrol Honda World Touring Car Team-mate.
- Honda on Pole Position for WTCC Opener
- Honda claimed the first pole position of the 2017 FIA World Touring Car Championship thanks to a stunning performance in qualifying from Tiago Monteiro in Morocco.