- Qualifying: October 13, 2012
- Race Day: October 14, 2012
- City: Motegi
- Country: Japan
- MotoGP Laps: 24
- Moto2 Laps: 23
- Moto3 Laps: 20
- Lap Distance (km): 4.801
- Pedrosa Storms to Victory in Japan
- Dani Pedrosa stormed to a personal best fifth MotoGP win of the season at Twin Ring Motegi, the circuit owned by Honda and with Honda Motor Company President Takanobu Ito cheering him on.
- Pedrosa Takes Second in Qualifying
- Dani Pedrosa will start tomorrow’s Japanese Grand Prix from second on the grid after holding the pole position until after time had expired at Honda’s Twin Ring Motegi circuit.