- Qualifying: April 20, 2013
- Race Day: April 21, 2013
- City: Long Beach
- Country: U.S.A.
- Laps: 85
- Lap Distance (Mile): 1.968
- Sato Stars as Honda Rolls Through Long Beach
- Takuma Sato made IndyCar Series history at the Grand Prix of Long Beach, leading a 1-2-3-4 sweep of the top finishing positions by Honda drivers and becoming the first Japanese driver in history to win in IndyCar competition.
- Franchitti Claims Pole for Honda at Long Beach
- Target Chip Ganassi Racing’s Dario Franchitti’s final lap Saturday in IZOD IndyCar Series qualifying proved to be just enough, as the Honda-powered driver edged defending series champion Ryan Hunter-Reay by just under six hundredths of a second to claim the pole for Sunday’s Grand Prix of Long Beach.