- Qualifying: April 28, 2012
- Race Day: April 29, 2012
- City: Sao Paulo
- Country: Brazil
- Laps: 55
- Lap Distance (Mile): 2.536
- Sato Finishes Third in Sao Paulo
- After running near the front of the IZOD IndyCar Series field throughout the early season, Takuma Sato led the Honda-powered field Sunday with a third-place finish at the Itaipava Sao Paulo Indy 300 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Franchitti Qualifies Second in Brazil
- Dario Franchitti led Honda’s best qualifying performance of the 2012 IZOD IndyCar Series season Saturday around the 2.5-mile Parque Anhembi temporary street circuit, posting the second-fastest time and missing the pole by just four-hundredths of a second, as Honda-powered drivers and teams claimed six of the top nine starting positions for Sunday’s Itaipava Sao Paulo Indy 300.