share this page
The Dakar Rally
- October 13, 2013
TEAM HRC Complete Scrutineering Day for the Morocco Rally
TEAM HRC riders Hélder Rodrigues, Sam Sunderland, Javier Pizzolito, Joan Barreda and Paulo Gonçalves, together with the Honda CRF450 RALLY machine, have passed the necessary administrative and technical checks in preparation for the start of the Morocco Rally tomorrow morning.
A total of 70 motorcycle riders from twenty nations, and eight different manufacturers have some final hours of rest before setting off on the starting line of Zagora to face the first stage. At 07h00 the first rider will depart from the bivouac to undertake a total of 77 kilometers in order to reach the starting point of the 203km timed stage. This is followed by another 65km to reach the bivouac to complete the day.
The OiLybia Rally of Morocco is composed of six stages, with a total of 2051km, of which 1517km are timed.
- #5 Helder Rodrigues:
- "Eveything is set. We have passed the final checks and the bike is ready to start the race. A great job has been done in Japan and also in Europe by all the pilots, the mechanics, and engineers. My objective is to win the race, because it is important for the team"
- #23 Joan Barreda:
- "We have passed the scrutineering and everything is ready. In the last two days we have prepared everything and the bikes are ready. Tomorrow we start on a long stage. We hope everything will go well. We will try to work on the tactics; hence, these first days will be important to ensure everything goes well"
- #2 Paulo Goncalves:
- "This is the last race of the Championship and it is a very important test. We will aim for the Championship and I know I need to have a perfect race. I am using the new Honda CRF450 for the first time and I am hopeful and have confidence in it; I hope to achieve my goal and win the Championship"
- #6 Sam Sunderland:
- "Everything is ready to go now, we had a small test before the race and everything went really well, the new Honda bike is fantastic and I'm really happy to be a part of the team. I’m looking for a good race in Morocco, to stay safe, focus on the navigation and have a good result in preparation for Dakar"
- #11 Javier Pizzolito:
- "We finished the technical checks after completing the administrative side. We did some days of testing to check race settings and now we are hopeful we will have a good race in Morocco, the preceding race to Dakar, our primary objective. As for me, I will give my best to support Helder to help him win the race"
- TEAM HRC