Crafted by Soichiro Honda and Takeo Fujisawa, the Honda philosophy forms the basis for all of our corporate activities.
It comprises a set of values that are shared by all Group companies and their employees, where everyone at Honda work to realize this philosophy and regard it as not only words, but as the foundation of their actions and decisions. Specifically, it consists of fundamental beliefs in terms of respect for the individual and the Three Joys, the company principle, and management policies.
Maintaining a global viewpoint, we are dedicated to supplying products of the highest quality yet at a reasonable price for worldwide customer satisfaction.
Respect for the individual
- Initiative means not to be bound by preconceived ideas, but think creatively and act on your own initiative and judgment, while understanding that you must take responsibility for the results of those actions.
- Equality means to recognize and respect individual differences in one another and treat each other fairly. Our company is committed to this principle and to creating equal opportunities for each individual. An individual's race, sex, age, religion, national origin, educational background, social or economic status have no bearing on the individual's opportunities.
- The relationship among associates at Honda should be based on mutual trust. Trust is created by recognizing each other as individuals, helping out where others are deficient, accepting help where we are deficient, sharing our knowledge, and making a sincere effort to fulfill our responsibilities.
The Three Joys
- The joy of buying
- The joy of buying is achieved through providing products and services that exceed the needs and expectations of each customer.
- The joy of selling
- The joy of selling occurs when those who are engaged in selling and servicing Honda products develop relationships with a customer based on mutual trust. Through this relationship, Honda associates, dealers and distributors experience pride and joy in satisfying the customer and in representing Honda to the customer.
- The joy of creating
- The joy of creating occurs when Honda associates and suppliers involved in the design, development, engineering and manufacturing of Honda products recognize a sense of joy in our customers and dealers. The joy of creating occurs when quality products exceed expectations and we experience pride in a job well done.
- Proceed always with ambition and youthfulness.
- Respect sound theory, develop fresh ideas and make the most effective use of time.
- Enjoy your work, and encourage open communications.
- Strive constantly for a harmonious flow of work.
- Be ever mindful of the value of research and endeavor.