Our fundamental approach
Since the company's foundation, Honda has sought to contribute to society by creating quality products and technologies while coexisting harmoniously with the communities that host its operations. In the 1960s, while the company was still in a period of early growth, Honda began to launch philanthropic initiatives designed to strengthen ties with local communities. In the 1970s, striving to strengthen its contributions to society and build a brighter future, Honda established foundations in Japan to foster broad-ranging research, education, and cultural exchange. Throughout the 6 regions of Honda's worldwide operations, Honda is working to help people realize their dreams.
Honda philanthropy: Vision
Honda enriches the joy with people around the world through socially responsible activities in accordance with the Honda Philosophy of respect for the individual and the Three Joys. Ultimately, it is our desire that society will want Honda to exist in every community.
Honda philanthropy: Basic principles
- As a company with a global viewpoint, we are dedicated to contributing to the well-being of local communities around the world through our products and technologies.
- As a good corporate citizen, we will deepen our commitment to all local communities where we do business.
- We will contribute to the nurturing of a society where caring and energetic individuals actively participate in socially responsible activities.
Striving to create a future society in which everyone can pursue their dreams, Honda shall:
- Support educating our youth for the future
- Work to preserve global environments
- Promote traffic safety through education and training
Areas of activity
Honda is involved in activities conceived to communicate to children the pleasure and wonder of having dreams and striving to make them come true.
Honda is actively pursuing activities from a global perspective with the theme of coexistence between local communities and nature.
Honda is working to realize a rich, mobility-oriented society by offering traffic safety education and promoting safe driving in ways that meet local communities' needs.
Honda is pursuing a variety of activities that suit local characteristics at domestic facilities, dealerships, Group companies, and other facilities worldwide.
"Together for Tomorrow"
This symbol captures the Honda Philanthropy approach of striving to create communities that can realize dreams by working together.
Honda actively encourages the autonomy of its local operations. We also strive to undertake initiatives that reflect local circumstances in our corporate activities overseas. We seek to share joy while communicating with customers and local residents in a total of six regions, including Japan.